Last Updated: Oct 13, 2023 Views: 1895
Faculty Affairs has created an aggregate program for the 2023/24 academic year that centers learning, engagement, and community-building opportunities on a key, central theme – the connections between the theories that inform both course development and course facilitation and, therefore, can drive improvements in feedback practices. This central theme will be woven through all Faculty Affairs programming for the 2023-24 academic year. Four key professional development offerings for this academic year include the annual faculty curriculum on Leveraging a Philosophy of Teaching, materials for an instructive feedback workshop, the monthly Community of Practice, and Course Feedback.
- The Leveraging a Philosophy of Teaching
- The instructive Feedback Workshop provides departments with an opportunity to have discourse backed by research around the purpose and strategies for providing effective feedback to students.
- The Monthly Community of Practice is a place for faculty to share best practices related to the Culture of Care. It is a place where faculty and staff come for discourse around an identified topic with the purpose of actively reflecting on and challenging our teaching practices. Learn more, attend a monthly meeting, or .
- Course Feedback
If you have questions, please contact: FacultyAffairs@uagc.edu
Link(s) to Resource(s):
- Faculty - Leveraging a Philosophy of Teaching - 2023-24 Annual Faculty Curriculum in Workday
- Philosophy of Teaching Worksheet
- Feedback Workshop - How can I facilitate discourse about research-backed theories and practices that support the delivery of effective instructive feedback to students?
- Learn More about the Community of Practice, Register here and join the conversation on Teams
- Where can I find information on Course Feedback?
- What are Faculty Support Office Hours?