Last Updated: Nov 02, 2023 Views: 1614
The UAGC Culture of Care is foundational to our vision of empowering, supporting, enriching, and graduating each student. The Culture of Care means meeting our students where they are and supporting them in reaching their educational goals. For UAGC faculty, the Culture of Care begins with Caring Instruction.
Caring instruction is defined as the practice of being engaged in students' learning, responsive to student communications, inclusive of student differences, and supportive of student needs. It is characterized by a proactive environment offering equitable opportunities for student success. Caring instruction is based on the understanding that students are well-intentioned and at-potential with responsibilities extending beyond the classroom.
There are opportunities for faculty to show caring instruction in the classroom. Below are resources, training materials, and examples that support our faculty in their pursuits.
Link(s) to Training Material(s):
- Culture of Care Training (opens in Workday)
- Introduction to the Culture of Care
- Supporting our Students
- Implementing the Culture of Care
Link(s) to Resource(s):
- Professional Development Opportunities: Culture of Care
- Example: Course Expectations Announcement
- What is the Incomplete Process?
- How can I document an extension for a student?
- How do I grade an Assignment that a student resubmits in Waypoint?
Link(s) to Video(s):